Pages

Monday, November 4, 2019

Mundane Monday




Well I have not written one of these in forever. But the Mondays haven't stopped. Some are glorious; some are rough. This series that I (well at least used to) post every Monday challenges the "Mundane-ness" that everyone says is Monday. The complaints. The sighs of "Oh you know, it's Monday." This really is us idolizing the weekend. The days where we get to mostly choose to do whatever we want. But on Monday, we are faced with our idolatry being shown and having to get back to "the grind" again. My purpose in these posts is to challenge my thinking on Mondays. To look at my heart. To look to what the Bible says about Mondays (because even though it may not be blatant, I do think it talks about it).

So for now, on this Monday, I will simply say this day is a day God created. It's a day we can and should rejoice in. If it's full of troubles, let us thank God for the opportunities they bring to cling more firmly in His arms and His salvation. If it brings joy and happiness, let us thank God for His glorious blessings He has so graciously bestowed upon us. Let us use Mondays as a way to look different from the world and as an opportunity to be full of Christ. Each moment is a moment that was sifted through God's hands for our sanctification and His glory, and if for only that reason, we can rejoice.

Thank you for reading friends. I pray that on this day, we can all be intentional to rejoice, especially when it's hard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment