Pages

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Thankful Tuesday




So it's been about 3 years since I've done one of these posts. Far too long, but I was in a different season of life. For those of you who are new, I just take Tuesdays to reflect on things I'm thankful for. After the struggle that Monday can sometimes bring, I think that Tuesday is a good day to reflect on what we are or can be grateful for. It's still the beginning of the week and can help set the rest of our week up with praise and thanksgiving. (Plus, I like the play on words....so there's that)

On this Tuesday morning so early that it's still dark and quiet, here are just a few of the things I am thankful for:

-Hot coffee!
-Sleepless nights that teach us that we are dependent on God
-Wax Burners casting a soft glowing light through this quiet darkness
-Stillness
-Hubby's robe (I've pretty much hijacked it in the last year. It's so big and fluffy!)
-Providing Care
-Conflict (Yes, I am thankful for conflict.....maybe there will be a post on that later)
-God's sovereignty
-Learning that comes through life's simple and every day moments
-Sanctification that comes through life's simple and every day moments
-Repentance that comes through life's simple and every day moments
-My little mission's field (And being thankful that this is my mission's field right now...and being content in that especially as our church prepares to send a team over seas this summer.)
-John's sensitive spirit
-Levi's strive to do his best
-Jahs's passion for everything
-Titus's empathetic heart
-Adoniis's content attitude
-Our home that feels much like a home on the inside to me

Some of you may be going through a struggle right now. It may be a serious struggle or some heartbreak. It could be something you view as silly but for you it is a struggle (and no struggle is too small or silly for God!). God knows your struggle and He cares and is there for you. Even in our struggle we can still sing praises to God of thanksgiving; even if it is through tears. Our God is good and loving. So today if you find yourself in a hard spot, sit down and think of the blessings God has given you. There are some, even if you have to go hunting for them. Strive for thanksgiving this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment