Pages

Friday, June 28, 2013

Encouraging our husbands


I asked my husband once if I nag and his response wasn't what I expected, he informed me that I don't...in the way a normal wife nags or in the way one normally thinks of nagging. I don't do it verbally; I do it in my attitude and actions. Ouch....lol. But I'm glad I asked and he was honest. Another way one can nag without realizing it, is by not praising and edifying our husbands. What are you doing when you aren't thinking and praising the good? Thinking on the negative. Now maybe you wouldn't categorize that as nagging, but it definitely isn't edifying and respecting.


You may be like me and absolutely adore your husband and think the world of him and constantly think of all the wonderful things he does, but you forget to verbalize those things to him. That is what I do. John is an amazing man who does so much for us. He also goes above and beyond at work and for all of his clients. Just this past couple weeks, he went above what a normal Real Estate Agent would do to help a client find a place to live (she was living in a hotel with her kids), and because her life was extremely hectic and busy because of work, he did everything he could to help her close on this place including driving to her where ever was easiest for her. Sometimes life got in the way and she wasn't able to even show up, yet he kept trying to get it done for her. I was so amazed. That is just one example and that is just at work. The other night, he came in when I was getting Levi ready for bed and played with him for a while then decided he wanted to read to him. They sat and read stories together and he took over bedtime. Or, there are times when he is heading to work to provide for us and my task at home is simple, yet he tells me to make sure I take a nap and rest.

I am very blessed. Of course there are times when he aggravates me, but both of us are imperfect humans. And it is in these times when it is especially important for me to remember all the reasons I love him and how awesome he really is.

This is something I need to work on big time. I know I do. Why is something so simple so hard? I feel bashful telling him things I love about him. He's my husband. We've been married for almost 3 years. Why do I feel embarassed to brag on him to himself or to others? Why do I feel anxious to praise him? Today, I totally stepped out of my comfort zone and told him as he was walking out the door that I know I don't tell him enough, but I am very proud of him. After I did this, I realized I so need to tell him more.

Friends, I could use prayer for this area. My husband rocks and he needs me to be his biggest cheerleader and tell him that he does. What are some ways you make sure your husband knows that he is awesome in your eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment