Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

He is REALLY trying!

I got home from doing a tutoring lessons late last night and I walked into the kitchen because I was hungry. I walked into a disaster. There was popcorn all over, a 50 lb bag of popcorn on the table, the popcorn maker on the counter, meatloaf pan on the stove, baggies all over, pot holders on the stove, pop bottles on the counter, multiple cups everywhere, may not sound like a lot, but in a small kitchen....it was trashed.
I was frustrated. It made me grouchy to come home and “have” to clean the house AGAIN after cleaning all day. So, I got frustrated and grouchy. And I let it affect the evening. I sulked for a while and John went to bed. After praying and asking God for help, I went to bed and cuddled with John. He asked me what was wrong and after a few times of asking, I told him. He seemed shocked and said “I cleaned the kitchen! I out the dishes in the sink and picked up all the dishes from the living room!” He didn’t, but he honestly thought that he had. He said when I called on my way home he rushed to tidy the house and honestly thought he had really cleaned, but he got sidetrack. This is one of those times where it is the thought that counted. He really did try. He knew it stressed me out. It’s really funny actually.

I heard it said once that when I wife asks her husband to go get the glass from the living room and he goes into the living room and hones in on A glass. He gets the A glass. Proud he takes it to his wife. She gets all frustrated because he got the A glass, but left the bowl, the other glass, the plate, all the silverware, and the napkins in the living room.

Ladies, let’s just remember that he really may be trying. He isn’t out there to purposely frustrate you. Give him the benefit of the doubt. This is really hard for me, but almost all of the time, he isn’t trying to frustrate me or make me mad. And most of the time, he actually was TRYING TO MAKE ME HAPPY!!!

So, I am very grateful that my husband cleaned the kitchen last night. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment