Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Birth Story Part 1

So, I promised a birth story. It isn’t super exciting really. Thursday early morning, I was having issues sleeping and was having really uncomfortable “couldn’t sleep through” menstrual type cramps with back pain. I got up to use the rest room and had diahrea, but had been havin the the past few weeks, so I didn’t think much of it. Still having a lot of intense cramps, I drew a hot bath and soaked in it for a while. I started timing the cramps and they were 20 minutes apart. After getting out of the bath tub, I went to the bathroom again and had a very slight bloody show. It was definitely show, but it wasn’t bright or anything, so I tried brushing it off not wanting to get my hopes up. I had been having prodromal labor for about a month and so whenever I saw a “pre-labor” sign, I tried to tell myself that it wasn’t labor so I didn’t get disappointed...again.
After all of that, I decided to text my mom a warning text because she was our primary babysitter for Levi and my parents are down to one car, so I needed to give them quite a heads up so they could plan accordingly in case something were to happen. Just like when I went into labor with Levi, I had a routine appointment that day, but it wasn’t until later, so I decided to clean the house and get things ready just in case because clutter stresses me out and it kept my mind off things. I figured even if I wasn’t in labor, the house was getting cleaned. Lol

John went to work and I continued about my day. I was having contractions still, but they felt more like braxton hicks that were anywhere from an hour to 20 minutes apart and weren’t getting closer than 20 minutes. I tried taking a nap but couldn’t sleep because my cramps were too much. John came home and I headed to my midwife appointment. This was at 3. My amazing midwife and her student midwife Angie (who also rocks and I really enjoyed meeting her. One of those ladies you wish you could just hang out with and has such a light and wonderful personality) did the routine stuff then checked me. I was having contractions while they were checking me (uncomfortable lol) and Patricia the midwife informed me that I was 4 centimeters dilated already, my bag of water was bulging, and that baby was stationed at a -2. What was humorous was I told her I thought I’d be in labor by that evening because I had show and all the other symptoms and she said it could still be a few days yet; as soon as she checked me she changed her tune. Lol She said it would definitely be that weekend, most likely that evening.

To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment