Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Edification is a Great Opportunity to Praise God


Today I was extremely happy and proud of Levi. He can be such a helper sometimes and I feel bad because I don't know if I express to him how proud I am of him or when I do, if he understands it. It made me almost feel bad and sad because I want him to know how happy I am of him. Then, I got to thinking, instead of me being so concerned about him understanding how proud I am, I should be concerned about showing him that I am thankful to God for giving him the desires, the strength, and the heart to be such a helper. I need to give GOD the glory; even when it comes to my two-year-old. He can start to understand even early on.

What a great opportunity to start introducing my son to God and His glory and show him how we need to strive to glorify God each day and grow to be more and more Christlike. And when we do “good” things, it should make us happy, not because it makes God happy, but because GOD is sanctifying us and helping us to become more like Christ. When the Holy Spirit softens our hearts and gives us the desire to willingly and joyfully help like my little man does so often, we need to be so thankful and rejoice.

I am so thankful that God has once again taught me a lesson through my son. One of the things I know I need to work on is always pointing Levi (and Jahs) to Christ. When I discipline, I need to show him that he is in need of a savior. When I praise him, I need to show him that Christ was the only perfect Man but God gives us the grace to grow each day more like him and we should rejoice. When we are out for a walk, I should show him the wonderful things God created for us to enjoy. At meal times or whenever we pray, I need to pray a heartfelt prayer to God not just the memorized “habit” prayer.

Boy, having kids sure places a lot of responsibility, but I am ever so thankful for my little mission's field God has blessed me with. :) As my good friend and mentor Miss. Diana Parker always used to say, “God rocks!”

Have a wonderful day my friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment