Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Do we have broken fences?

I walk past this certain house when I run. It is a cute house with a lovely fence around it. But when I looked closer, I noticed that the fence was falling apart...on the inside. They had “jimmy rigged” it with ropes and posts like a tent from their yard, but on the outside, it looked great. But their yard (which wasn’t big to begin with) was over run with lots of ropes and posts all through it making it hard to enjoy their yard.


It made me think, how often do we do that. Now of course this could apply in our spiritual lives as well. But I was thinking about mainly our family lives. How often do we make ourselves or our families look good to others around us, but really we are just a big mess. But we’re content with the bandaid so long as it looks good to those around us. Striving to “keep up with the Jones’s” in a sense.

We should tear down our fences and fix them from the inside out. Not worrying about looking messy to others. Being concerned with our families alone. Our priorities need to be kept straight. God first, our immediate family next, then all others after (including other family members which is sometimes hard).

Anywho, just some thoughts I had while running....or rather walking fast....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment