Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Eating Healthy...While Pregnant?! Mini Series Part 1

I know, I'm going to get some hate for this one. It's a toughy....trust me! lol But it's about eating healthy. It's tough anyways, am I right? And then, being pregnant? First, most struggle with morning sickness where you either can't keep anything down or nothing sounds good at all....except maybe carbs (Why is that?!). And then the second trimester hits.....and all of a sudden you feel like you could eat out a whole store out. I know trust me. But just like with PMS, these are just cravings and you don't have to adhere to these cravings. No, it isn't the baby wanting something (though some cravings are good ones and mean you actually do need something like protein or iron or calcium) and whatever the baby needs, it will take from you. And, you don't actually have to eat for two. Ouch huh. Now, I'm not the expert, I know you are supposed to eat so many more calories each trimester, but I don't know how many that is. What I do know is that I am trying to eat at least 6 small meals a day. Breakfast, a snack, Lunch, a snack, dinner, then another snack. I try to (sometimes it doesn't work) space them at least 3 hours apart.

Another thing I am trying to implement right now as well is drinking at least a gallon of water a day. My husband read that if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, you should drink one ounce of water per lb of body weight. That is a lot of water and yes you do pee a ton when you first start, but that is just because your body isn't used to it. It takes a bit before your body adjusts and actually starts using the water for good. Once that happens, the benefits are amazing and the peeing lessens. lol

Now, like I said, it is tough. I know, but we are strong women and we can make healthy food choices. Not only for ourselves but for the benefit of our baby. And, the choices we make now (food choices and exercising) will greatly impact how fast and easy the weight comes off AFTER baby is born. Interesting huh? So, get a head start. I am going to post later about what I am doing to eat healthier and some meals that I enjoy along with possibly some recipes in this little mini healthy eating series. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment