Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Homemade Tummy Butter

I have been using coconut oil for everything, cooking, diaper rash. I use it instead of lanolin creme now, etc. Well, I made some homemade tummy butter with it tonight. :) It was really easy. I melted it down, added a bunch of scents I wanted (essential oils, mainly grapefruit, lemon, and lavender.), the popped about 10 or more vitamin E capsules.
I didn't know how many to add, but I know most of the tummy butters have it in them. I didn't use a recipe, but I figure it should work. We'll see. It is much cheaper for one. I bought the coconut oil, but everything else we had. Even if we didn't, it would have still been cheaper than the really good tummy butter that I used to use.


Now, I am not sure if you HAVE to use shea butter as well. I didn't....maybe I'll use this batch up, then make another batch using shea butter....? Anyone else know?


No comments:

Post a Comment