Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Fighting the lazies.....What to do?

I'm sure you have had these days, you just do not feel motivated. Despite all your efforts, just doing the dishes takes everything you have. You are tired, everything is overwhelming and you just want to stay in bed. That is me today. I don't feel grouchy, I don't feel depressed, and I don't feel angry; I just don't feel like doing anything. I am fighting the lazies.


Have you ever had a day like this? How do you combat it? Here are some things I do, they may not be helpful to you, but they may:

-I like to get a tall glass of water, preferably ice water. It wakes me up and helps me feel refreshed and energized. I can't have caffeine right now, but even so, that is not a good pick-me-up as you crash later. With water, there is no crash, but ample benefits.

-I will get a small glass of another drink I enjoy, strawberry milk, chocolate milk, a glass of juice, or something like that.

-Turn on music I enjoy. Some days is is musicians like George Winston and Yiruma on pandora, other days it is worship music like 10,000 Reasons, When I Survey,   modern Christian artists like Thousand Foot Krutch, Playdough, or KJ-52.

-I light either a scentsy burner or candles or both. In multiple rooms. It is a good pick me up.

-I right a list of things that need to be done and prioritize them. For me, the things that LOOK the messiest I do first because I feel so much better. For example, the sink FILLED with dishes. Once that is done, the kitchen looks practically cleaned!

-I pray and thank God for the blessing I have and for the gentle reminder that on days like this, I can praise Him for reminding me that I need Him and His strength.

-Now disclaimer on this one: Bible reading shouldn't be taken like a drug, but I do think that lack of definitely causes us to be more sluggish and just spiritually tired, but reading selfishly isn't the answer either. Do I think it's better to not read when you are reading selfishly....no, but I think praying for God to change your heart and give you the right desires would be the answer. So, on that note, doing devotions. Or having the Bible playing in the background while you clean.

-Listen to a sermon. Not all the time do you have to be intently listening with your Bible open and taking active notes, just having it as background "noise" is better than nothing and you would be surprised at how much you actually pick up on.

-Get the house tidy and in order. Now this may only help my melancholy friends. We like things to be just so and having our house nice and tidy especially before our husbands come home, helps us to relax and just enjoy our time with them. Can I get an amen from my melancholy ladies?! lol For the other personalities, this may not apply, though I still think you will feel so much better for doing just a little bit.

-Exercise...just do it. NOW! I was NOT feeling like it, my body is tired and like I said, I am fighting the lazies. But I forced myself to do some zumba videos. Not as many as normal, but I still did some then did some killer ab workouts. Again, love that sore feeling I mentioned in this post. It is such an awesome and encouraging feeling.

So, these are just some tips that help me. What are some that help you to fight the lazies? I would love to hear about it. And on that note, I am going to go get this house cleaner, clothes put away, dinner cooked, zucchini bread baked, and laundry started. Sounds overwhelming, but with that to-do list mentioned above, it's possible....and with the strength of God. :) Let's rock this out ladies and beat the lazies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment